question

auchmalweg avatar image
auchmalweg asked

Cerbo makes strong radiointerference. What to do?

I just installed a citizens band radio. Due to strong interference from the Cerbo i can’t receive anything. The interference is such strong that even outside out the camper (5m) it is interfering radio.

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
shea avatar image
shea answered ·

Are you running the Cerbo's local WiFi which will show up in Victron Connect as a 2nd Cerbo with the IP address?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Trevor Bird avatar image
Trevor Bird answered ·

HF Interference is a very annoying side effect of these complex CPU controlled devices. All of that high speed switching tends to produce harmonics that destroy the HF bands for sensitive radio listening. I am assuming the CB is 27Mhz and not a UHF unit. You can consider purchasing a QRM eliminator. If you google it you will find them for sale. The QRM eliminator has a pass through of the normal antenna and it also has a less sensitive local antenna. Both antennae receive the local interference and with controls on the unit you cam match the amplitude of the local signal and introduce a phase displacement of 180 degrees. When they add they cancel removing the local interference signal. They work remarkably well.

Good luck with it.

2 |3000