question

william avatar image
william asked

SD card for logging is not always recognised

After inserting an SD card into a CCGX it is not always recognised as external storage. Pressing it in further to the slot might sometimes work. Is this a recognised problem?

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Make sure its on the latest firmware 2.23

test the card in a PC and make sure that it does not have errors, try another sdcard/brand. also best to use Class 10 sdcards and make sure its not outside the specs for the CCGX

otherwise if it persists then take it back to who you purchased it from and have it exchanged or replaced

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi William. If you're guilty (as I have been) of ejecting the card without following the 'procedure', then this can happen. It's described here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:start Section 2.2

You could try reformatting the card externally and starting afresh.

2 |3000

william avatar image
william answered ·

@Paul B I have two cards, SanDisk SDSDQM-016G-B35A 16 GB Class 4 MicroSDHC Memory Card. Both have the problem. Maybe I'll try with Class 10 cards or revert to using the USB connection.

@JohnC I'm aware of the ejection problem, thanks.

2 |3000

Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

If pushing / holding the card in helps sometimes I would say that one of the contacts in the CCGX SD card slot could be playing up & not making a good contact with the mating terminal on the SD card.

Once you have proven that it's not related to the card type I would return the unit - that would be the safest course of action.

If you feel like investigating a bit further you could take a look into the slot (with a light) to see if there is an obviously damaged / bent contact. If not you could then try a small amount of contact cleaner on an SD card terminals & insert/eject it a few times to clear up any residue. Just don't do anything silly that could potentially void your warranty.

1 comment
2 |3000

william avatar image william commented ·

Thanks for advice. Cards work fine in the holder when it is plugged into Mac or Windows machine. I'll look into returning the unit, might be difficult after some months use.

0 Likes 0 ·