question

joholi avatar image
joholi asked

Bad reading of battery voltage on Shunt

Hello,

I have a smart shunt connected to my main battery. Everything if fine. I have decided to connected the engine battery on the other input of the smartshunt using the extra cabble that was supplied. the reading of the engine battery is only displaying 3V although the tension is 1 about 13 volts on the engine battery…

I have conneted then this engine cable to the main battery, I have the same reading of about 3 volts, although the reading of the main battery is reading about 13 volts on the top part of the screen on the app:

I have tried to change the setting from engine battery to no input then back to engien battery, still the same.

Any idea of what it could be? I have had this shunt connected fr more than one year to the main battery with no reading issues, why the reading would be wrong on the engine battery?

thanks

SmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Joholi

The instructions here, point to a number of potential points of faliure.

Bad connection on fuses.

Ferrule pins not seated correctly. Or lug not making good contact on battery side.

Bad connection of engine battery to the negative of the shunt.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

joholi avatar image joholi commented ·

Thank you for your reply, this is the exact pocedure I have followed

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ joholi commented ·
@Joholi

How good is the shared ground connection?

0 Likes 0 ·
joholi avatar image joholi commented ·

All the negative connections are properly and firmly connected AFTER the smart shunt

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic