question

julsky avatar image
julsky asked

Correct Settings with SmartSolar MPPT for Ective AGM DC170S Batteries

Hi :)

Today I installed my first SmartSolar MPPT (100 / 30) and connected it to my AGM batteries (2x Ective DC 170S). Then I opened the mobile app and started with the configuration of the controller. Now I'd like to ask you whether I did well or if I'm just a stupid newb ;-)

First here you can see the battery specification:

1631813749305.png

In the app I customized the battery settings as follows (simple mode, not expert mode):

- Absorption voltage: 14.90V

- Floating voltage: 13.80V

- Compensation voltage: 16.20V (default value)

The other settings at the battery settings tab are still the default values.

Is this cone well so far? Shall I change something?

What about the setting for the load output? Shall I stay with the mode "BatteryLife"? I use the batteries inside a camper van and got also a alternative power suppliers that are loading the batteries, but I want to maximize the usage of solar power.

Thanks so far! Looking forward to your expert knowledge :-)

Julian

MPPT Controllersbattery charging
1631813749305.png (137.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

just follow the battery manufactures specs the specs you have imputed are there MAX figures .

YOU DO not use equalisation on AGM or GEL batteries do NOT GO over the Manufacturers voltage settings

If you are in a HOT climate or the room is over 25 deg c then the higher the temp move more to the lower voltage settings, the hotter the area the more quickly the LA batteries degrade overtime.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual