Good afternoon (or morning, night, evening... ) all,
A new version out for testing, v2.80~17.
In case you don't know what all this is about: this message is part of the Venus OS Beta test program. Read that link for more information.
Already, v2.80 is has some quite noticeable new features. For example the completely new AC Load monitoring, the improvement in the Total of all phases mode for ESS, the new DC metering function and still more. This new version mainly adds a few more minor improvements.
What to test?
The new features I mentioned just now. As well as, just like announced previously, basically everything: there are several major changes in v2.80, which can each make things break in unexpected places. The first change is that the used Python version has been updated from 2.7 to 3. Also the Open Embedded release was upgraded from Zeus to Dunfell, and lastly we changed to a read-only rootfs. All combined this means that (a) lots of tools and packages used will have changed to a newer version, and (b) lots of Victron code has been changed to be compatible with Python 3.
How to post an issue?
Preferably all issues are organised as answers to this question. One answer per issue. So first check the existing threads. If you have the same as someone else already reported, welcome to add a comment saying "me too". And preferably some more details. And in case its not listed yet, add a new Answer. Note that Answers and Comments are two different things here on community.
Lastly, if possible please revert to v2.73, to double check if the issue you're seeing was present there as well. Regressions require a different treatment than other issues and bugs, and one of the first things that needs doing in triaging a report is distinguishing between the two.
The plan with v2.80
Development and testing will continue for quite a while; I expect at least until late September; possible also into October this year. The main new feature that needs further completion is DC metering for both loads and production (alternator or hydro or wind for example).
Changes since previous test version, which was v2.80~16:
- Added time zone for Christmas Island.
- Improve WiFi recovery from Failure status: still, after several improvements done in the past about this already, there were some situations where the WiFi status in the menu showed Failure - and basically the GX device had given up on re-connecting. This change prevents that. Do note that, especially for unattended systems, we always recommend to use the VRM auto-reboot feature.
- Improve ET340 in combination with Zigbee link, when installed in a lossy/noisy environment.
- Modbus-TCP: Fix definition of register 2710 (DVCC override charge voltage). Since the mistake rendered it largely useless, and this is a fairly new register, no new register is allocated.
- Fix Inverter RS compatibility issue when used with DVCC (causing continuous appearing and disappearing data on the overview page)
- Show "Recharge" in the overview if the system is charging because a CAN-BUS BMS battery requested the system to do so. Note that this requested charge is new, see previous post.
- Force DVCC on, SVS off and STS off for BMZ batteries
Complete v2.80 change log, compared to v2.73:
I'll compile this later.