question

crankshaw avatar image
crankshaw asked

BMV-712 State-of-Charge battery setting

My flooded 250 aH battery recently showed -140 aH but 75% SOC.

I manually reset the state of charge parameter in the battery setting To 40%. Will this affect the SOC calculation after my next full charge when the SOC will be reset to 100%?

SOC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
devodave avatar image
devodave answered ·

It sounds like either or both of your SOC and A/h readings have drifted away from accuracy. Manually setting your SOC to 40% won't affect future cycles once the SOC resets to 100%, but you should check your battery parameters against the figures in the BMV-712 to make sure they agree.

Look at the history screen and make sure SOC is resetting to 100% properly.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

crankshaw avatar image crankshaw commented ·
Thanks for your input. My amp draws rarely exceed 5 amps, and average between 1 and 2 amps making my batteries last for days. So I’ve changed my aH capapacity in the BMV to the 100 hour rating. Then I found a Peukert Exponent calculator and plugged in my battery’s ratings at varying loads and found my Peukert value at 1.07 and plugged that in. I won’t be off grid for another month so I’ll have to see if the new setting make the soc track closer to the batteries and their voltages.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic