question

fenix avatar image
fenix asked

RPI version firmware update from SSH or remote

Hello

i am running a RPI with the version 2.66... i would like to update to resent version via the SSH

my RPI is not not easy to access so remote would be great

Any help would be appreciate

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, to update from v2.66 onwards on a pi is impossible, as it requires a re-flash, see venus os rapsberrypi document; last chapter.

for more normal situations, and updating from ssh, see our commandline manuals

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

If your RPI is connected to the internet, you can access the remote console either on the local LAN or via VRM. From the GUI you should be able to initiate a firmware update.

SSH does not provide an update path. You either need to use the on-line update, SD/USB memory card or refresh a new Venus OS system SD card. The later is a last resort because you loose all your configuration settings.

1 comment
2 |3000

Marcel avatar image Marcel commented ·

If you have an USB stick in your raspberryPi, than you can use WinSCP to copy the required image from your computer to the the Pi over SSH.

After you've copied it, you can select the image trough the webconsole from te RPI.

regards

Marcel

0 Likes 0 ·