question

dirkmuc avatar image
dirkmuc asked

PIP in Venus 2.80

Hello,

I just upgraded my Pi4 with Venus OS 2.80~16 large 21.

For my BME280 I need some Python modules via pip. In Venus 2.70 I could easily install it. But on 2.80 currently I have not found a way to do it.

root@raspberrypi4:~# python3 get-pip.py 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "get-pip.py", line 24556, in <module>
    main()
  File "get-pip.py", line 139, in main
    bootstrap(tmpdir=tmpdir)
  File "get-pip.py", line 115, in bootstrap
    monkeypatch_for_cert(tmpdir)
  File "get-pip.py", line 96, in monkeypatch_for_cert
    from pip._internal.commands.install import InstallCommand
  File "<frozen zipimport>", line 259, in load_module
  File "/tmp/tmpmgq8ie1_/pip.zip/pip/_internal/commands/install.py", line 14, in <module>
  File "/tmp/tmpmgq8ie1_/pip.zip/pip/_internal/cli/req_command.py", line 21, in <module>
  File "/tmp/tmpmgq8ie1_/pip.zip/pip/_internal/index/package_finder.py", line 32, in <module>
  File "/tmp/tmpmgq8ie1_/pip.zip/pip/_internal/req/__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
  File "/tmp/tmpmgq8ie1_/pip.zip/pip/_internal/req/req_install.py", line 35, in <module>
  File "/tmp/tmpmgq8ie1_/pip.zip/pip/_internal/operations/install/wheel.py", line 38, in <module>
  File "/tmp/tmpmgq8ie1_/pip.zip/pip/_vendor/distlib/scripts.py", line 14, in <module>
  File "/tmp/tmpmgq8ie1_/pip.zip/pip/_vendor/distlib/compat.py", line 83, in <module>
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'xmlrpc'

Trying to install the module xmlrpc with

root@raspberrypi4:~# opkg install python3-xmlrpc                                                                        Collected errors:
 * opkg_prepare_url_for_install: Couldn't find anything to satisfy 'python3-xmlrpc'.

Was not successful.

I now that in pqkg.conf you can add a repository, but I do not know which to get the missing module.

Does someone know a way ahead?

Cheers

Dirk

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi,

I recommend to start with studying this: https://github.com/victronenergy/venus/wiki/commandline-introduction#opkg

If that doesn’t help, then please explain what steps you took and post the outcome of opkg update

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dirkmuc avatar image dirkmuc commented ·

Hi @mvader (Victron Energy) ,

Thank you for the tip!

After changing to candidate

/opt/victronenergy/swupdate-scripts/set-feed.sh candidate

And

opkg update

I could install the missing Python module and then install pip.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ dirkmuc commented ·
nice!
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources