question

drdiesel avatar image
drdiesel asked

Is my MK3-USB Faulty?

Please see the attached unlisted Youtube video.

Basically when I plug the ethernet cable in to the MK3 the inverter faults, unplug the cable from the MK3 it will recover ~20 seconds later. I've ensured the cable is not faulty, tried a few different ones, all none crossover.

When I first plugged the MK3 usb cable into the computer and ran VEConfigure3 the software found it no problem and asked to update the firmware which was successful.

Video link
https://youtu.be/54naMCYx7w4

MK3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
drdiesel avatar image
drdiesel answered ·

New MK3 showed up today and everything is working as it should.

Issue was faulty MK3.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The Victron tool kit app says VE.bus error 14.

screenshot-20210909-215256.jpg

Try to use the other VE.bus connection in the Multi and check if there are contacts bend together.

1 comment
2 |3000

drdiesel avatar image drdiesel commented ·

Thanks, I tried the second VE.bus port and also tried a different a Quattro 48/5000, all results are the same.

This is a brand new MK3, so no previous functionality.

0 Likes 0 ·
shea avatar image
shea answered ·

What operating system? There are some mixed compatibilities in the Docs.

2 |3000

kerbal avatar image
kerbal answered ·

I have the same problems here. When I connect the MK3 USB to my Multiplus 2 I get error 14 (device cannot transfer data). If I use the same cable and connect the Multiplus II to my Cerbo GX, everything is fine.

I have now set up my Multiplus II with VRM Remote VEConfigure. Works pretty well and my system is up and running now. I have ordered a new MK3 USB and will check again.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic