question

lsi avatar image
lsi asked

BMV 712 not returning to 0 Ah / 100% SOC

I have replaced my (good working) BMV702 with a BMV712 and kept the shunt of the BMW702 as it seems to be exactly the same as that of the BMV712.

After a discharge the Ah used is displayed as is a percentage <100 for SOC.
However, after charging the Ah doesn’t return to 0 and SOC stays somewhat below 100% (around 96-98)

I would expect that if 40 Ah is used, when charging 40 Ah goes in again and returning the Ah to 0.

The shunt sits in the minus as 1st component behind the battery. Next component is another shunt from Simarine and after that one the network contains a Multiplus 1600/70/12, 3 MPPT’s and the consuming users.
Interesting enough the Simarine also shows used Ah and does return to 0 Ah (actually it doesn’t return to 0 but to the available max capacity in Ah)

Anyone has an idea how to tune the BMW 712?

Additional info;
Batteries are 2x Victron AGM supercycle 170 Ah

SOC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Did adjust all settings in the new BMV to match the old settings?

Batteries don't have 100% efficiency, you always have to charge more energy into the battery the you discharged the battery. Lead batteries have an efficiency of around 85%.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mrhappy avatar image
mrhappy answered ·

This video is very good on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEN15Z_S4kE

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic