question

paulio avatar image
paulio asked

MPPT 75/15 VE Direct Voltage Fault

I have lost power on pin 4 (Power +) of the VE Direct port. I still have data coming through but no power. Is there any way to test or repair this further or does it mean replacement a unit is required?

MPPT ControllersVE.Direct
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

paulio avatar image paulio commented ·
Any ideas on this please?

Might there be an internal schematic available so I can better understand where this small voltage comes from?

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ paulio commented ·
I think there is a series resistor or some other sort of current limiting between the internal 5V rail and the 5V pin of the VE.Direct connector. I seem to remember that you can get a few mA out of the 5V pin. I'll check the next time that I go home.
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

A small 5V regulator is followed by a 10Ω resistor, so not too much current otherwise the Voltage drops at the output with increasing current.
The 5V pin is intended to drive a digital isolator at the other end of the VE.Direct cable or within the VE.Direct USB cable, so not much current is ever intended in the design.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.