question

Was avatar image
Was asked

How much current AC Out-2 EasySolar II GX 3000/48 supports ?

How much current AC Out-2 on EasySolar II GX 3000/48 supports ?
i cant find this in the manual which only states that the Out-1 can supply up to 45A.
Can anyone help please ?

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
av1um avatar image
av1um answered ·

as the AC-Out-2 is in series to the AC-Out-1 and just appended with a switch/relais, the total of 45A will apply for the BOTH of the two outputs together, no matter where you draw the power.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Was avatar image
Was answered ·

thank you @Av1um for your explanation,
so i can use the same size circuit breakers on both ? my current design has 60A circuit break for the AC out-1, so i just have to add another 60A breaker to AC out-2 ?
Here's how my diagram looks like now:
solar.jpg

solar.jpg (814.8 KiB)
2 |3000

av1um avatar image
av1um answered ·

well, yes. but I guess you know, that a 60A breaker will actually never trip - because the load wont ever rise that high (as it simply cannot) and so 'save' your used wires & loads.
nevertheless, it's good to have those breakers, no question. how about some breaker near the 45A ?
(45A actually already require 16mm² - is it even possible to connect such a cable to those outputs?)

2 |3000

Was avatar image
Was answered ·

thanks @Av1um,
you are right, am new to this and still get confused over some details.
here's how i modified the design, let me know what you think please

solar-2.jpg

solar-2.jpg (781.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Was avatar image
Was answered ·

@Av1um sorry but just to make sure, why it is not possible for the load reach 60A ?

1 comment
2 |3000

av1um avatar image av1um commented ·
the load could of course reach that level, but your MP will only supply the max of 45A, so adapting the breaker to this should be taken into consideration
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Do you want to use ESS?

If yes it will probably not work with that ATS at the input, because in most cases the grid code you have to select will not accept the generator.

9 comments
2 |3000

Was avatar image Was commented ·

hi @Matthias Lange - DE,
the way i want the system to work is to use the grid when available first,
and use the generator when the grid is not available.

I don't want the system to feed power back into the grid at all,
is the design correct in that sense ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ Was commented ·
Without ESS the system will not use PV energy to supply the loads or change the battery.

As soon as the grid is connected the Multi will passthrough the grid to the loads and starts charging the battery from the grid.

0 Likes 0 ·
Was avatar image Was Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
this is even if i dont want to feed power back to the grid?

am confused,
can i use ESS but without feeding power back to the grid ? and in that case do i still have to remove the ATS at the input ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ Was commented ·
Yes, you can setup ESS to not feed-in.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:start

The problem is not the ATS, the problem is the "dirty" voltage/frequency that is probably not accepted by the Multi.

0 Likes 0 ·
thanks a lot for your help,

so, is there a specific setup that allows me to use the EasySolar II as a hybrid system without feeding power back to the grid. Honestly am confused, am not a professional and this is a totally DIY project for me :)

0 Likes 0 ·

is this type of setup the way to go ?
sl.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
sl.jpg (178.8 KiB)
av1um avatar image av1um Was commented ·
as far as I still know, you will also need a power meter (like ET340) on the mains input and the corresponding data cable to be able to not feed back into the grid. that at least is required to make this work...
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ av1um commented ·
An energy meter isn't necessary.

You need it in a 3-phase grid system if you want to use phase compensation or in a single phase system if there are loads/PV inverter at the AC input.

In a 3-phase or single phase system where all loads are connected to the output of the Multi it is not needed.

0 Likes 0 ·
Was avatar image Was av1um commented ·
is it possible to just connect the easysolar II to the grid and choose not to feed power back in the settings ?
0 Likes 0 ·