question

aopsahl7 avatar image
aopsahl7 asked

CERBO GX Tank Level Sensor (KUS)

All,

I have done hours of research on which tank level senders will be compatible with the CERBO GX. I found an old thread that listed these (https://kus-usa.com/product/sss-ssl-sender/) as compatible without any adapter. Meaning, I could wire them directly to the CERBO. However, I am not getting any signal and the CERBO simply says (Not connected). Do I need the CANbus adapter for these to work?

@Machined

@Avalon

Thank you!

tank monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
machined avatar image
machined answered ·

That one works. You need to go into the settings, I/O, analog inputs and turn on the sender you are using. Then go back to the front menu and you'll see the tank level. Click on that, click setup, change the sensor values to 240 empty, 30 full ( You can dial both of these numbers in later when you figure out what settings work best for you). This is also where you will pick if this is for fresh water or waste water and that will show up in your VRM. I also recommend going into the main settings, go to system setup and turn on has dc system. It's a great layout that also gives you visuals of the tank levels. You can also change the logo on the page to your own which is fun.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Sarah avatar image Sarah commented ·
Depending on the sensor purchased you made need the European resistances 0-180 ohms. Once the sensor is in situ manually adjust the fully / empty resistance ranges by moving the sensor up and down and using the new full and empty resistances. This will account for any additional resistance in the wiring. Also if your water tank has a rhomboid type shape you will greatly benefit from calibrating the sensor by filling the tank in 10 litre increments.
0 Likes 0 ·
aopsahl7 avatar image
aopsahl7 answered ·

Thank you for the help! I knew I was not losing my mind. I will give this a shot tomorrow and let you know where I land. Should be good to go!

2 |3000

mixman1 avatar image
mixman1 answered ·

I also have a KUS sensor connected to cerbo GX. Says not connected in device list. If I click on device and choose setup it says connected and shows a resistance value for the device. I can’t figure out where I am goin wrong here.

2 |3000