Idea

baxter avatar image
baxter suggested

ESS DC Solar priority charging

Using ESS/DVCC over 2 years, I am still missing a simple feature, controlling charging of MP2 and MPTT independently.

During most time of the year, the MPPT has enough power to charge the battery by its own (I do not need the AC couppled PV for charging), but it is not possible do configure a CCL which only controls the charge power of the MPPT, MP2 is always charging in addition, or the MPPTs are rampted down an the MP2 is charging only.

One workaround is, do set the CCL to 0A and enable feed in of DC surplus within ESS, but in that case the MPPTs does not stick to the CVL (because it can go 0,4V over the CVL). In combination with a feed in limit, that is also not a good solution.

So I am still missing a possibility to either configure a CCL for MP2 and MPTT seperatly or/and a CVL which controls the MPPT without any +0,4V feed in ( like the workaround but a the MPPT keeps within the limit of the configured CVL ).

Hey Victron, can you do that?

TIA, br

Michael

battery chargingMPPT SmartSolarDVCCcclcvl
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alex Pescaru avatar image
Alex Pescaru commented

If you have a Cerbo and you are handy with programming, tweak a little the _distribute_current() function from the dvcc.py from /opt/victronenergy/dbus-systemcalc-py/delegates folder and get what you want.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

baxter avatar image baxter commented ·
thanks for your answer. Programming is not my super power :)

But if it is that easy, it should be a very low hanging fruit for victron.

0 Likes 0 ·
baxter avatar image
baxter commented

Situation today. CVL is 53,7V. Around 11am, the MPPT is ramping down to 0W and only the MP2 is charging, which is a waste of energy and insufficient.

Victron implemented a Solar Priority for boats/campers in 3.10.

Why is this not available for ESS ??

2 |3000

Your Opinion Counts

Share your great idea, or help out by voting for other people's ideas.