How to run Grafana/Influx solution natively on Windows without Docker
(I initially provided my solution as a "question". But my contribution is more of an "article".)
Since I have an IT business and websites and internet services are also offered to our customers, I wanted to display the VRM data using Grafana. Since we have more know-how with Microsoft Windows than with Linux and I didn't want to learn how to use Docker professionally, I switched the system to Windows.
Why without Docker?
- Docker is not for production environment, it is for application development.
- The Venus-Docker-Grafana-Server is based on Linux - nothing for us Windows Guys.
- To run docker, you should learn how to do it.
- You need virtualisation features. So Docker is nothing for hosted Windows Servers.
- You could use always the newest Version of Grafana OSS.
To install all components and set them up for each other, I wrote a PowerShell script. This script is for Microsoft Windows Server 2019 and Microsoft Windows 11.
I make the PS script available here and am also happy to answer any questions, suggestions and tips.