question

simonwait avatar image
simonwait asked

IP67 not charging fully following firmware update

I have an IP67 connected to 2 12v batteries. Today we swapped the batteries and also updated the firmware via the app. Initially the update failed so we wound up using a different phone and the update went through. We are now finding however that the batteries are only charging to 16v not the 24v it used to.

battery chargingfirmware update
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·
please send screen shots of all the settings screens and the display screens using victron connect, we cant help without full information Thanks
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
swait avatar image
swait answered ·

Hi

So i wasn't onsite to look at this and following a visit i think that there was some communication confusion. The measurements they were taking were from a voltage divider circuit which then fed into a +10v analogue card which was then wirelessly transmitted to the readout.

The trouble is that this voltage divider and the power to the wireless side were all on the output side of a DC-DC convertor which has a shutoff voltage of.....16V! Therefore actually they were saing a value held in the buffer before the wireless shut down. A quick investigation with a multimeter revealed it all and that actually the charger is fine.

Sorry to have started this without all the info.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic