question

Josh P avatar image
Josh P asked

Multiplus ii questions

Looking at buying a multiplus ii 12v and I can't seem to find a clear answer on how to program it... First I was thinking a mk3 usb cable and ve.bus dongle for some basic monitoring but then was curious if a cerbo gx would allow me to program it and give me a nicer monitoring system? Can the cerbo program this? Is there any other options for programing?

Also wondering about the current sensor Victron sells... Not allot of literature on it... I hope to take advantage of the power assist function when I run my little Honda generator and don't want to fire the big onboard Onan... Is this sensor absolutely required for these functions to work and is it just clipped on l1 coming into the inverter?

Thanks

J

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi

You still need the Mk3 device to program the assistance in if required. And also to use the victron connect to program most functions etc.

You can also use the bluetooth smart dongle as well if required.

The multilplus has an internal current sensor for current monitering which will use a control for current sharing and power assist etc.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

you can also do the updates through the Cerbo and no MK3 is required, however if you want to do the changes on site then a MK3 is required, (best to have one anyway.)

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/10022/-info-only-how-to-remote-update-multiplus-and-quat.html

2 |3000