question

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) asked

Venus OS v2.62~14 available for testing

UPDATE 2021-02-08: v2.62 has been released officially now, see the blogpost: https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2021/02/08/venus-os-v2-62-inverter-mppt-rs/

Hello on this sunny Saturday!

A new version is available to test as a Release Candidate, version v2.62~14.

This post is intended for all people participating in the Venus OS Beta test program.

This beta series is still in its last paces; if nothing new is found it will be officially released within one or two weeks.

Changes in v2.62~13 & ~14

• Fix connecting to another wifi network after a failure

To see the changes in previous v2.62 beta versions, start with the previous post, here.

Enjoy the weekend,

Matthijs

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

v2.62 has been released officially now, see the blogpost: https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2021/02/08/venus-os-v2-62-inverter-mppt-rs/

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Ok on a test site that was on 12 with a CCGX and connected via lan cable to a router and that router connected to the internet via wifi. I upgraded this site to 14 but the the lan internet did not come back on line

on my home site a Venus GX was using wifi connect it did come back on line ok

5 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Paul B, that LAN connection not coming back online is most likely a coincidence or some other issue: nothing was changed that touches LAN connections.

is it still not online? Any other information? For example: Did it get an IP address? Is the issue reproducible? Are the ethernet LEDs blinking on the ethernet connector on the Venus GX?

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

this one is a CCGX- ill know more latter on sunday I reported it quickly just in case.

its was on 12 as its got 3 AC sensors so thought it was a good one to test it on as they were giving a few issues

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B Paul B commented ·

Folowup

a reboot returned all operation to normal

the router was also rebooted

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ Paul B commented ·

Hi Paul, ok thanks. Do you have the vrm url of the ccgx for me? Is it ok if someone logs and checks?

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Paul, I had a look at the logs, but can't see anything obvious.

At 20210130-10:50:30 the ~14 update was installed and reboot initiated

A minute later it booted up.

At which point it did get an IP Address (192.168.1.100) or maybe you have that manually configured. Also an ethernet link was established. And traffic, but apparently no connection to internet.

And a little while later, 2021-01-30 12:26 it looks like ethernet link went down and came back up; and then also a connection to VRM was established.

Note that you only rebooted the router, not the CCGX itself.

0 Likes 0 ·
thomasw-1 avatar image
thomasw-1 answered ·

I migrated from beta 10 to beta14 and have following immediate observations:

• Grid setpoint is not really considered anymore, even with activated feed-in.
    I know that Izak configured a highler level for zero-feed-in.
    Since the upgrade I have an average grid power consumption of min 180W in average (also with activated feed-in) as long as there are only a few watts coming from inverter. As soon as inverter stops grid-setpoint is respected again.

• Power flow direction is mostly shown wrongly. Even if there is a constant battery usage, the power flow switches between both directions. In versions before the visualisation was not perfect, but now it works like a random generator (see attached video)

energyflow.mp4 (8.1 MiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi, thank you! There indeed is a bug, but its not a regression in v2.62.

Its an issue introduced in v2.60 and there is a workaround as Izak explained you.

What we'll probably be doing is release v2.62 next week; and look at this for v2.63 quickly thereafter.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources