question

Jamie Greenaway avatar image
Jamie Greenaway asked

Multiplus Max AC input from generator

I have a Multiplus 3000 inverter charger and couldn't quite work out from the manual how the max AC input feature worked. I have a 3.8kw diesel generator, so I'll set the AC input limit to 3.4kw. My question is, if the multi is pulling 1.5kw(ish) to charge the batteries and I was to turn say a 3kw dryer on, would this just overload the geni or would the multi cut the battery charging current to allow the dryer to run? Or does the battery assist come into play somehow here? Would appreciate if someone could explain. Also side question, I bought my Multiplus second hand and although looks identical inside and out, the front actually says Multi-G, but can't find anything online about it, so I assume it's the same as Multiplus?

Multiplus-IIGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi

Yes they are the same just a name change, as i have the same unit. It will load share and the battery will help the inverter supply load to the help the genset etc.

Just load in the assistant software to tell it to load share etc. by using a MK3 USB interface and Victron VE Configure software etc.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.