question

tylersheff avatar image
tylersheff asked

Quattro 12 / 5000 / 120-2 x100 120v Firmware Update needed

I am adding a VE bus Smart Dongle to my Victron Quattro 12 / 5000 / 120-2 x100 120v and received a message in the connect app that the current firmware version is v413 and is not compatible with VictronConnect. It stated I needed to upgrade my firmware to 415 or higher.

I installed the system myself and bought it from a Victron Authorized Dealer who is telling me they cannot help with firmware and was unable to point me to a source where I can obtain a copy of the firmware update. The serial number of my unit is 2733413.VFD

If it matters I am running a 12v system with 8 Battle Born Lithium Batteries in a Class A Motorhome.

Can someone post the correct firmware update I need?

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Hello @TylerSheff I you head over to https://professional.victronenergy.com/downloads/firmware/ you will find what you need. Just note: 1. You will need to backup the system to restore the settings after as it clears the settings. 2. You will require a MK3 cable and VE.Config to do this. 3. This is a high risk activity typically carried out by qualified staff so it will be at your own risk and possibly great expense if it exceptionally does go wrong.

PS - If they are alledged Victron dealers I am horrified they cannot even point you at the upgrade files, which are there for anybody to access at their own risk.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.