question

bowpay avatar image
bowpay asked

24v Quattro 8k and two auto transformers?

Hello, I have a Dynamax DX3 which is a 50 amp Motorhome. I have an Auto Transfer switch that controls shore power and generator power. I also have a 12v 3000w inverter/charger. I contacted a Victron reseller and spoke to them about my setup. The tech told me that he has built lots of these systems based on my custom lifepo4 24v battery pack. Since its Saturday, they are not in the office and I haven't received the diagram promised I am scrambling to figure this out. Here is what he sold me....

Victron Quattro 8k 24v

Auto Transformer 100a

Auto Transformer 32a

MPPT charge controller

DC/DC converter (24v to 12v that will charge a secondary 12v system)

DC/DC Charger (truck altenator)

Cerbo GX & Touch Panel

Everything makes since to me as far as the DC side of things but I can't figure out why he sold me a 100a Auto Transformer and 32a Auto Transformer. My plan was to remove the auto transfer switch in our rig and push the voltage from short power and generator directly to the quattro. I want to visualize and control the generator and shore power from Victron and remove the existing transfer switch. The problem we have here is we are going to loose our neutral if we wire with the 100a Auto Transformer after the Quattro. If we wire the Auto Tranformer before the quattro then we would require 2 100a Auto Transformers not a 100a and 32a. Is there something we are missing here? Why the extra 32amp Auto Transformer? Maybe these get wired in a way that fixes the neutral issue? I understand the DC side of things but the AC is kicking my butt. Thanks in advance!!!

Help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I suspect that one Transformer is for the shore power to the AC1 in the second transformer is for the Generator power and then to AC2 in

I suspect the size difference is because your generator has a max output of 30 amps or vice vesa

however you would need to discuss this with the Tech to be sure this is what he envisaged

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic