question

nebulight avatar image
nebulight asked

Multiplus and Phoenix inverter on CCGX?

I'm helping a friend with a van build. He has a Multiplus 3000 and a Phoenix 1200 ve.direct. He wants to have the phoenix for always on AC for a smaller AC loads and a smaller standby current. I assumed they can't be paralleled so they are going to run independent of each other with dedicated circuits. My question is about control. Can you hook both a VE.BUS Multi and a VE.Direct Phoenix to the CCGX so you can turn them on and off?

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @nebulight

You can indeed turn both on and off independently.

What I have done in my boat: a small (800VA) inverter with a dedicated circuit (fridge, lighting, internet, some sockets for laptop / phone chargers etc), and the rest of the circuits powered by a Quattro that only runs when I need it or when there is excess solar power.

Otherwise you could use a transfer switch, to have either the small or the bigger inverter power the system.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.