question

sexton158 avatar image
sexton158 asked

mppt 75/15 not connecting

I have a Blue Solar mppt 75/15 charger for several years. Yesterday went out and did a routine check on the batteries using the app. No problem. Today, problem. Can't connect at all. the voltage going in 13.45, blue led. voltage going out 12. 50. Using Andorid 10. Rebooted, checked bluetooth. Not showing in my bluetooth devices. reinstalled program, still nothing. Like it is not even there ???

Bluetooth
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Murray van Graan avatar image Murray van Graan commented ·

Try resetting the MPPT, disconnect panels and battery, wait 5 minutes then connect battery, then panels

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@sexton158, the BlueSolar MPPT doesn't have bluetooth - may I assume that you have a VE.Direct Bluetooth dongle, or do you have a SmartSolar MPPT with the bluetooth module built in? If you have a bluetooth dongle, check to make sure that it is fully connected to the VE.Direct port and that it too is showing a blue LED, indicating that it is on.

Please ensure that your VictronConnect app is updated to the current version and make sure that, when you scan for devices, your location services are enabled (and make sure that when you reinstalled the app, you granted the app permission to access coarse location services). Without access to location services, the app cannot scan for nearby bluetooth devices.

Please try the above steps - including the previous suggestion for disconnecting the MPPT and reconnecting- and report back if your connection issues have been resolved or if you're still experiencing difficulties.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sexton158 avatar image
sexton158 answered ·

You are correct it is a Smart Solar, my mistake. App is updated and like i earlier stated it was working yesterday. All permissions are granted, blue tooth is on. Location access granted. MPPT was also disconnected from the panel and batteries. reconnected batteries first then panels.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic