question

carld avatar image
carld asked

Battery protect BP 65 remote swith

Hello,

I have just installed a BP65 on my motorbike to prevent draining of the battery. So the BP interrups the +-side from the battery as soon as it drops below the chosen voltage.

So far so good.

But when I'm using the remote switch (turn it in off position) the connection of the + side is not restord. The reason that I choosed this BP is because I thought you could disengage the protection when you wanted to start the bike.

Can someone help please?

Carl

Battery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@CarlD hopefully you've figured out the issue already, but in case not:

The BatteryProtect cannot be used in exactly this fashion, as reverse current through it is strictly forbidden, and if you are using it directly between the battery and your main POS cable, reverse current will be applied to the BP when your alternator charges your battery.

If reverse current has been applied, the BatteryProtect has been likely irreparably damaged, which would explain the failure of the remote switch to reactivate the BP as you describe.

See the user manual here for more information.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.