question

mgusev avatar image
mgusev asked

Color Control GX and external transfer switch

I am currently using a MultiPlus with Digital Multi Control GX. I use the input of DMC for integration with an external transfer switch (for grid and a genset - since they have different power capabilities). What I would like to add is remote monitoring and control, including the possibility to remotely change Multi modes (On/Off/Charger). I was thinking of adding a Color Control GX, but I have concerns. The problem as I see it is that if I keep the DMC in the system, the On/Off functionality in Color Control GX will be disabled, and I will not be able to use it remotely. If I remove the DMC, there will be no place to connect the input from the external transfer switch - since Color Control GX does not seem to provide this functionality. Is there a way to solve this and have both remote monitoring and control and integration with a transfer switch?

CCGX Color ControlDigital Multi Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @mgusev

You can use the 'input current limit control' assistant for this:

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mgusev avatar image
mgusev answered ·

Yes, this does look like a solution. Not sure how I overlooked it when I was browsing through available assistants.

2 |3000

Related Resources

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic