question

rumy avatar image
rumy asked

75/15 no more Bluetooth?

Hi, I’ve got a SmartSolar controller. I’ve had it setup for a month now and no problems but now Bluetooth light does not illuminate on the controller anymore. My friend has exact same controller and we can both connect to his controller but not mine.
I have an iPhone and he has a Samsung. It must be something wrong with the controller as the blue Bluetooth light does come on.

Should also add that the controller is working and charging my batteries. Fuse is also fine.

Thanks for any help.

Bluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Rumy, the blue light on the Smart 75/15 is primarily the "Bulk" charging indicator light, it's not specifically associated with the Bluetooth functionality of the device. See the product manual here.

The LEDs flash when pairing to your phone over Bluetooth, but their primary functionality is to visually display the charge state of your MPPT; as such, if the blue "Bulk charging" LED no longer lights up at all (even in times when the controller should be in Bulk charging mode), I would consider that a device warranty issue and I suggest that you contact the authorized distributor from whom you purchased the device and inquire as to the warranty return/exchange process.

Victron's Dealer Finder can help you with the contact information for your distributor or, if you don't remember from whom you purchased it, Victron can help you find the original seller using your device's serial number.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic