question

mw-solar avatar image
mw-solar asked

AC PV connected to AC IN showing on AC OUT?

Multiplus-II 48/5000

I have a setup where I have wired AC PV (Solis via ET112) to AC IN, along with EV charger (Zappi).

AC OUT feeds all other house loads. ESS grid metering set to Inverter/Charger.

Logic being I don't want the batteries discharging to the Zappi during off-peak periods.

AC PV is 10 x 440w panels to a 5kW Solis string inverter. Didn't want to connect AC PV to AC out as temp co eff could take power higher than 1:1 rule. I have queried Solis on setting max output on the string inverter but very limited response if legible.

All my settings via Cerbo GX show the ET112 on AC IN, however it shows on the dashboard located on AC OUT. The AC PV is not charging the batteries, and is matching the export grid value exactly.

I'm aware I could place an ET112 Grid Meter up front, but fear this would see the EV Charger during off peak periods and discharge the batteries.

I have many setups with AC PV on AC IN, but not where UPS is in place with house load on AC OUT and using Multi as grid metering via Inverter/Charger.

I am aware that with other brand systems you can set charge times to negate discharge from the batteries during scheduled EV charge timing, but feel there is something else at play here and it shouldn't be necessary.

ESS assistant settings through VEConfig are NOT set to AC PV on Output.

I would really appreciate any input.

AC PV Couplinget112 pv readings
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mw-solar avatar image mw-solar commented ·

Current Setupthumbnail-img-4336.jpgthumbnail-img-4339.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
mw-solar avatar image
mw-solar answered ·

Having read the manual :) you cannot have AC PC in Multi input, if using the Multi for grid monitoring.

I didn't want a ET112 up front as to not see the EV charger.

I will move AC PV to Multi output. I thought the 1:1 rule was 4.4kW for the 48/5000, turns out it is 5kW.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.