question

ikeakayke avatar image
ikeakayke asked

How to trigger MPPT's relay on/off programatically using dbus?

There's lots of options there on the mppt itself , but I would like to be able to turn on/off the relays in mppts from cerbogx with a simple dbus command, just like the cerbo's relays. All I can find is a dbus state. Maybe in a future firmware update? or am I missing something?

MPPT ControllersVenus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
dcsonka avatar image
dcsonka answered ·

Hi, I am searching for this option too. I want to use the relays on my mppts to control my cooling funs. I.e. when the temperature is too high (temperature sensor connected to the cerbogx), switch on the cooling fan. But i dont see the possibility to switch it on through the dbus

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dcsonka avatar image
dcsonka answered ·

I tried this, but it seems it is not possible to control the relays in the MPPT through the dbus:

root@einstein:~# dbus -y com.victronenergy.solarcharger.socketcan_can0_vi1_uc216936 /Relay/0/State GetValue

value = 0

root@einstein:~# dbus -y com.victronenergy.solarcharger.socketcan_can0_vi1_uc216936 /Relay/0/State SetValue 1

retval = 0

root@einstein:~# dbus -y com.victronenergy.solarcharger.socketcan_can0_vi1_uc216936 /Relay/0/State GetValue

value = 0

2 |3000

dcsonka avatar image
dcsonka answered ·

Ok, I figured it out. You need to set the Relay mode to "Manual control" of the MPPT with the VictronConnect app, then you can do this:

root@einstein:~# dbus -y com.victronenergy.solarcharger.socketcan_can0_vi0_uc216898 /Relay/0/State GetValue

value = 1

root@einstein:~# dbus -y com.victronenergy.solarcharger.socketcan_can0_vi0_uc216898 /Relay/0/State SetValue %1

retval = 0

root@einstein:~# dbus -y com.victronenergy.solarcharger.socketcan_can0_vi0_uc216898 /Relay/0/State GetValue

value = 1

root@einstein:~# dbus -y com.victronenergy.solarcharger.socketcan_can0_vi0_uc216898 /Relay/0/State SetValue %0

retval = 0

value = 0

root@einstein:~# dbus -y com.victronenergy.solarcharger.socketcan_can0_vi0_uc216898 /Relay/0/State SetValue %1

retval = 0

value = 1

2 |3000