question

pbdub avatar image
pbdub asked

Dual 100 amp Buck boost Set up

The buck-boosts keep turning on and off from what looks like the output voltage is reached. I have set setting #20 to 29 volts. Can I go higher than 29 volts? Are my buck-boost settings set correctly? How can I keep it from going on and off? I drove for 3 hours and got very little charging from the truck through the buck boot.

The video starts with the truck running and providing 14 or so volts. The buck-boosts are not charging. Then they start to charge but stop, and then both start to charge (about 1:40) when the output voltage is below 29 then the output voltage reaches 29 and they stop. The Remote console shows my battery voltage as around 26.4 volts never reaching over 26.7 volts.

I have an F550 with dual alternators so I should be able to handle 2 100 amp buck-boost. I have them set up to turn on when pin 1 the purple wire has 12 volts from when the key is on. I'm charging 8 lithium batters with 4 sets at 24 volts.

I have about 3 feet of #6 wire to a 24v bus bar, then about 6 feet of 2 parallel #1/0 wire between the bus bar and the batteries. The inverters are connected to the same bus bar.

buckboost
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
pbdub avatar image
pbdub answered ·

So an update, turns out the breakers I'm using are causing a 2 - 3 voltage loss therefore I'm charging at 29 volts but the batteries are only receiving 26-27 volts. With the voltage loss the buck-boost thinks the batteries are charged so it stops charging. I ran a by-pass over the breaker and it works as expected.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic