question

kafesto avatar image
kafesto asked

Shoto AGM absorb setting on Smartsolar

I have two Shoto 6-FMX-100B batteries to be charged by a Smartsolar 75/15 regulator.

On spec sheet float is set to 13,38V and equalize to 14,1V.

To my understanding I also need to specify absorption voltage. Do anyone know what will be an appropriate setting? I assume it will need to between these two?

Batteries used in telco 4G stations and having 12,86V as of now.

Thanks for your advice

img-8111.png

MPPT SmartSolarAGM Battery
img-8111.png (455.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Kafesto

It is likely that the equalise means absorption. Some manufacturers use the term interchangeably.

Does the datasheet have a temperature compensation figure?

Just fYi not sure those are for cycling use (statement - floating operational) Telecom are usually designed for float use. The voltages suggest they are not for cycling. I assume you already know that.

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kafesto avatar image kafesto commented ·

Thanks @Alexandra

I don’t find anything on temperature compensation, but full spec and info here https://www.shuangdeng.com.cn/userfiles/4cd5d807dc514b838f58401c8f3a3e9f/files/6-FMX%E8%8B%B1/6-FMX-100B.pdf

A bit unsure on the cycling vs float. They will be used in a shed with occasional use (shed outside my cabin) for led lights, a china diesel heater and a small inverter (500vA phoenix). So I don’t expect many full cycles.

Will be fed by two 75w panels in series (due to darkness at winter in Norway)

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ kafesto commented ·
Cycling basically means anything that draws it under float charge voltage and temperature will also affect its lifespan being telecoms.

You are right not much useful information.

0 Likes 0 ·
kafesto avatar image kafesto Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Thanks again @Alexandra

The temperature will mainly be quite cold (650m above sea level and Norway is generally cold most of the year) and the inverter will mostly be used for small power tools like Dremel, charging some batteries and so - hopefully It will work ok.

Thanks for the replies and useful information.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ kafesto commented ·

Ok. Well maybe use the AGM spiral preset setting and just adjust voltages accordingly.

I don't have personal experience with that particular brand but it works well for other AGMs

Alternatively you can try contacting the manufacturer for more information

1 Like 1 ·
kafesto avatar image
kafesto answered ·

img-8212.png (238.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MPPT product page

VictronConnect manual

PWM or MPPT

MPPT calculator

MPPT codes