question

kierond avatar image
kierond asked

power assist multiplus

Hi,

We have a multiplus C 12/800/35.

It has an output of 800VA (I guess 3.5A), and a transfer switch of 16A.

If I plug in a 2.2kW generator (9A) into the multiplus, will the multiplus be able to output 2.6kW by supplementing the power using power assist?

Or is the max total output of the multiplus going to be limited to 800kW?

powerassist
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

I have not looked up the specs. I'm using your numbers.

It has a theoretical max of 19.5A from a 16A source.

From a 9A source, it could theoretically output 12.5A total.

These are max continuous values.

When connected to an AC source, the inverter is acting only as a charger. It is passing through the incoming AC to loads and charging with any surplus. If AC input limit is violated, it stops charging and "boosts" the incoming AC to prevent overload of the source.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dc-marine avatar image
dc-marine answered ·

Max output of any multiplus using power assist is the combination of the following:

Inverting power rating plus the lowest of either the input current limit setting or the pass-through rating of the unit.

In your case, having a 800w inverting power and a current input limit of 2200w (lower than the 3600w pass-though rating), the max available combined power output is 3000w, for as long as your batteries can sustain it. If you were using a 3600w shore power input, your max power would go up to 4400w (800w + 3600w).

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic