question

nobdy avatar image
nobdy asked

View data locally from cerbo gx without VRM?

I have a smartshunt, two bluesolar MPPTs, and a multiplus hooked up to a cerbo S GX.

If I use VictronConnect to connect directly to any of the MPPT or smartshunt I can view historical graphs of data from that device — I think loaded from storage on the cerbo?

I would like to view these same graphs as one combined chart for all the devices at the same time. I thought the Cerbo and GX touch would do this out of the box but it seems not. Is there some add-on software for the cerbo that will show these graphs?

My system is generally not connected to the internet, so VRM won’t help me.

I would like to avoid any need for extra computers to stay powered on and connected at all times to log the data. Connecting a computer or phone to /view/ the data is fine though. Ideally it possible I would like to view the same already-stored data that VictronConnect is showing, not fill up the cerbo storage with a redundant copy.

Is this a thing? Will UI v2 do it?

Thanks for any help!

grafanagraph
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Nobdy

I believe the individual devices store their own data. When passed across to the GX it gets stored awaiting transfer to VRM, then cleared when transfer occurs. You can add storage to GX, but it doesn't process it like you might want. Nor would I expect the coming gui to do that either.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marekp avatar image
marekp answered ·

You can use Grafana Docker on the local computer to view the GX data.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkNuadRbANA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-sGH0etieM

1 comment
2 |3000

Fideri avatar image Fideri commented ·
I was about to mention Docker/Grafana which I also use but via VRM. Of course, one doesn't have to use the Internet.
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Or you can run node-red on the cerbo (load large image of venus OS) and create your own dashboards with graphs, gauges etc. It is probably simpler than Grafana but isn't as advanced or detailed especially if you want historical data.

All the data is available via MQTT so you can use any app you like that supports this.

2 |3000

Juha Tuomala avatar image
Juha Tuomala answered ·

Use Home Assistant, there you can do whatever you like with it.

2 |3000