question

kpvickys avatar image
kpvickys asked

How can I reset to access the remote console again ?

Hello. I changed the PIN on the smart solar MPPT and BMV712 and now I can't access 
the remote console with the password  I've always used there,  neither in VRM nor with 
wifi
 I have Multiplus 2 GX. I use Windows and navigate with VRM.   Have read the victron 
manuals, but they are so comprehensive that I get lost in everything as it does not 
specifically apply to the Multiplus2 GX.
The VRM works as usual except for the remote console. How to reset the remote console password?
Multiplus-IIremote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Usual method is to use VictronConnect from your phone. It should find the GX card in the multiplus and give you a reset option when you select it. You'll need the multiplus serial number.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kpvickys avatar image kpvickys commented ·
The GX card has never been in the device list 
1 Like 1 ·
I can't see the built-in GX device in the device list, never had it there. It makes it more complicated than that.
1 Like 1 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@kpvickys

Will a simple reboot not work?

If you set a password on the remote console and don't know it then you have to reset the GX to factory using a usb flash stick.

So you would have to download the OS version you want and use that. Instructions are here... After the firmware update instructions.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/MultiPlus-II_GX/en/installation.html#UUID-8c42fde3-bdf5-e44e-51a6-5654e660b88b

3 comments
2 |3000

reboot didn't work.   

Would it help to reset the MPPT and BMV712 to 000000 again and leave the network they are connected to,

That's what caused me to not get into the remote console

?

I'm guess that it's the built-in GX that makes it not visible in the device list

1712141668680.png

1 Like 1 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ kpvickys commented ·

You should not have the bmv and mppt smart networked if they are wired to the GX.

I don't know how leaving a smart Bluetooth network would affect access to the remote console.

You will have to factory reset the GX to regain access to the remote console. It will remove the password set.

1 Like 1 ·
kpvickys avatar image kpvickys Alexandra ♦ commented ·
I tried leaving the MPPT and BMV712 smart bloetoth network but they pop up as usual in the dvice list but the remote console still does not accept the password so it will probably be a reset of the multiplus2 GX at some point.
Thanks for the reply
0 Likes 0 ·
kev avatar image
kev answered ·

I’ve a Multiplus 2 GX which often can’t be seen via the Victron connect app Locally. It can be seen via VRM and if I reboot the GX software via the VRM remote console, the GX appears in the local device list on the connect app. A few days later, it will disappear again until I do another reset. Never had a problem with the colour GX on my other system. There must be a bug.

2 |3000