question

joel-cherian avatar image
joel-cherian asked

Cerbo GX : Remote console Failed to connect. Make sure to enable Remote Console for LAN, and reboot the device.

I have a Cerbo GX connected to my router. I have port forwarded the router to reach the cerbo. I can ping the cerbo from my router as well. As soon i access the cerbo it says Remote console Failed to connect, Make sure to enable Remote Console for LAN. My remote console for LAN is turned on. I double checked it by connecting the cerbo directly to my pc via ethernet and checked the settings.

I also tried upgrading the firmware , and rebooting but still my router cant access the cerbo page ( but can ping) as it shows the same error message. Any help is appreciated.

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

As far as I know, Remote Console only works if you access Cerbo GX from the same LAN.

If you want to access it from the Internet, you have to use the Remote Console from VRM (which is enabled/disabled separately).

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

joel-cherian avatar image joel-cherian commented ·

The cerbo is connected via LAN onto my router. So I am able to ping the Cerbo from my router remotely. But will this affect MQTT connection?

0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

My Venus device (a Raspberry PI) connects to my RV Wi-Fi hot spot which then connects to my home Wi-Fi. I am able to access Venus from my home LAN.

Make sure you have the following ports forwarded to your Venus device:

Remote Console: port 80 TCP

Marine app (venus.local/app): port 9001 TCP

SSH:port 22

2 |3000

smueff1970 avatar image
smueff1970 answered ·

Forwarding of Port 80 and Port 81 is needed.

2 |3000