question

h2009 avatar image
h2009 asked

Dynamic ESS 'DESS' - questions

Hello, I have a few question in relation to "DESS" if someone can shed some light in:

1. When the system is not pulling from the grid (i.e. peak tariff, and assuming you have battery charge). Will the relays to the grid connection turn 'open' to prevent minor grid pulls? If not maybe VE team can add this a feature to prevent the peak tariffs for being charged to customers.
  2. Will it be possible to add a feature to say on a particular day of the week ensure there is x% SOC - i.e this could be useful if you charge a car on set day, or expect higher loads on a day from laundry or similar.
  3. Do you need to remove ESS schedules already configured to prevent ESS and DESS fighting each other?
  4. Will there be options to use excess PV/Wind power when exporting is not allowed e.g car charging, hot water relay etc -> node red trigger.
  5. This question is hard to phase: DESS will charge the batteries based on a certain amount of past data and input energy for solar; however does it aim to provide 100% charge capacity or does it try and keep SOC% at a particular level or a maximum charge limit SOC.
    1. Just trying to explain this more, I charge my batteries overnight to 50% on winter days, that will give me enough power for the day.
    2. During the summer I charge to a maximum of 20% because I know the sun will provide me with 100% at the end of the day.

dynamic ess
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @h2009,

I've just seen your questions here, could you please keep it to one question per post and ask them individually?

It makes it much easier to answer them, and also for other people to find those answers later.

1 Like 1 ·
2 Answers
oskar avatar image
oskar answered ·

Did you get any answers?
I have similiar question. When I use DESS it´s ends the solar day with SOC approx. 70%.
I would like to end at 100% if solar can fulfill that.
I have not find any setting to adjust what SOC level shall be for DESS. If I have 100% in the battery after a day (spring/summer) my houshold can only use the battery until the sun comes up again.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

grua avatar image
grua answered ·
2 |3000