question

christartu avatar image
christartu asked

"Dynamic ESS" setting missing on Beta VRM?

I am logged into Beta VRM but if I check the Settings submenu the link for "Dynamic ESS" is not shown. What am I missing?

dynamic ess
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
erik-kroneman avatar image
erik-kroneman answered ·
On my Beta version is Dynamic ESS available, but the dashboard (last step?) does not have the button for the next step.
Who can help me?
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

meyo084 avatar image
meyo084 answered ·

Hi, do you mean the "Dynamic ESS" menu in the remote console? because thats what iam missing as well.. after some reading i found that only victron aproved grid meters are supported.. iam using a P1 ESP module for my grid metering.. maybe this has something to do with it? Wich kind of grid meter do you use?

3 comments
2 |3000

christartu avatar image christartu commented ·
You might be right about this.

I am using the RS485 version of the EM24 - which is interestingly NOT listed on the slide listing the models available from Victron in the DESS Webinar.

0 Likes 0 ·
meyo084 avatar image meyo084 christartu commented ·
Found out, just first enable dynamic ess on the vrm dashboard.. also be sure youre on 3.10 onbthe cerbo firmware..
1 Like 1 ·
christartu avatar image christartu meyo084 commented ·
Thanks for your help.

It turned out to be the older 3.01 firmware version. For some reason I always read 3.10 while it was still at 3.01

After updating to 3.10 the menu option appeared.

0 Likes 0 ·
meyo084 avatar image
meyo084 answered ·

Q: Which energy meters are supported?

In order to function properly and knowing how much energy is flowing a supported energy meter is needed. Basically any energy meter that is supported on the GX device will suffice. See the energy selection guide for supported meters.

Things like the Dutch P1 meter are not sampling fast enough and not supported right now.

2 |3000

mischa1978 avatar image
mischa1978 answered ·

After filling in Dynamic ESS i get a green confirmation button. When i go back to the dashboard the control panel on the right top side is not appearing whilst still in beta vrm mode. I installed it on a Multiplus GX.

What can i do to get the setting button (step 5 of the manual).

6 comments
2 |3000

daniel-feist avatar image daniel-feist commented ·
There seems to be a bug that has occured recently causing this as I've seen it multiple times over the last few days. If you try a number of times it eventually appears!
0 Likes 0 ·
daniel-feist avatar image daniel-feist daniel-feist commented ·

I see this, and have to go into setting and then out egain before it fixes itself (this has been happening for a week max, was fine before)

1702563464996.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1702563464996.png (49.7 KiB)
patrickgoethals avatar image patrickgoethals commented ·

I have the same problem on 2 installations. 2 others are working perfect. All4 same hardware, original victron meters ,same settings ,latest firmware. I have no clue how to fix this ?

0 Likes 0 ·
patrickgoethals avatar image patrickgoethals patrickgoethals commented ·

@Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) , Can you check my installations too please ?

2 are working fine : the other 2 have this problem. ( 1 of the 2 probleminstallations is currently off-line because we have to finish it ). Thanks !

0 Likes 0 ·
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) avatar image Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) ♦ patrickgoethals commented ·

Not 100% sure if I am looking at the correct system, but noticed that the offline one has a very high battery cost of 0.43 €/kWh. For DESS, this makes it too expensive to use the battery. I think you are missing a zero in the expected battery cycles.

0 Likes 0 ·
patrickgoethals avatar image patrickgoethals Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) ♦ commented ·
Good noticed. I changed it. But still missing the EES dynamig controlbar. the other : "Dick Schelpe" : here also missing the control bars. The other 2 are working perfect. Specially "IMA" : this is one without solar, with a heatpump. Very exited about the results there.
0 Likes 0 ·
Fredrik avatar image
Fredrik answered ·

I cannot get the option for Dynamic ESS to show up in the VRM-portal.

I've updated to 3.20~33
I do log into the BETA VRM.
The Energy meter is on the list over compatible options (EM540)

CAnnot fanthom what it is that I am missing, have got it up and running on another system, the only difference being that this one is a 3-phase system.

Any ideas? Would be much appreciated.

1 comment
2 |3000

Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) avatar image Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) ♦ commented ·
We've looked a bit into your site. It looks like the system is set to Hub-3, where we require ESS or Hub-4. So you need a different ESS assistant, which can be configured through VE.Configure.
1 Like 1 ·
andrii-podanenko avatar image
andrii-podanenko answered ·

I'm trying to get Dynamic ESS, but can't find it in betavrm.

Energy meter is EM24 Ethernet.

Could you help?

2 comments
2 |3000

Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) avatar image Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) ♦ commented ·

Your system type is set to Hub-1 (as shown by the logging on the diagnostics tab). Dynamic ESS requires ESS or Hub-4. So you need a different ESS assistant, which can be configured through VE.Configure.

See https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Energy_Storage_System/en/index-en.html for more information on that.

1702451413400.png

1 Like 1 ·
1702451413400.png (5.5 KiB)
andrii-podanenko avatar image andrii-podanenko Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) ♦ commented ·
Most likely I can't have ESS just yet, because I'm on Multi RS 6000 @Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) ( as per docs )

So if you are planning to include Multi RS 6000 to the list of alpha-beta testers, please, include my setup, will be happy to help

1 Like 1 ·
Alois Spacek avatar image
Alois Spacek answered ·

what all must by done for seeing DESS on beta VRM? cerbo sw 3.01, MplusII and still nothing to see. What is wrong? or what is necessary?

2 |3000