question

BoKl avatar image
BoKl asked

best way to get exact SOC?

I'll upgrade the electrical system on my sailing vessel. The plan is to use the existing Multiplus 12/3000/120, 2 * 330Ah Smart LiFePo4, an Cerbo GX, Smart BMS v2, an Orion TR Smart 12/12 30 attached to the 60A Alternator ( solar is planned but not highest priority) I do have a BMV 712 with the current installation, but I#m not sure where to get the best SOC information with the new installation. Will the Cerbo/BMS show the exact state, or do I need to use the BMV 712 further on? ( I'm asking, as my current REC BMS with Winston cells is by far more exact compared to the BMV)

SOC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

If you are going to use Victron Smart Lithium batteries with the Smart BMS V2 then you will still need the BMV 712 because the Smart BMS V2 does not measure the battery current so can not report the SOC.

The BMV 712 should be accurate if you have it set correctly for your batteries, if it is still on default settings then it will not be so good. If you wish, post a snapshot of the battery settings in the BMV 712 and let us know your battery capacity and absorption voltage. We can then see if the BMV 712 settings can be improved.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic