question

matthew-kirkby avatar image
matthew-kirkby asked

Seeking Advice on Integrating Sub-Systems into My Off-Grid Property's Solar Setup

Hello

I have solar power system for my off-grid property and am looking for some advice on how to enhance its integration. Here's a brief overview of my current setup:

- **Main Area Configuration:**

- Victron MultiPlus 48V/5000VA

- 13kva generator

- 250V/100A MPPT Charge Controller

- Cerbo GX for system monitoring and control

- 8kW battery storage capacity

- A total of 14 solar panels

This system is distributed via ducting and cabling to various sub-sites around my property, including my workshop, residence, and a few other smaller locations. The distances to these sub-sites are approximately 110m, 70m, and 100m, respectively.

- **Sub-Sites Configuration:**

- In two of these sub-sites, I have installed systems with 2 solar panels each, paired with 100V/30A Victron MPPT charge controllers and 220ahbattery to power various small 12V devices.

I'm interested in exploring ways to better connect these sub-systems, beyond just linking them for data analysis via the Cerbo GX portal. My goal is to enhance efficiency, monitoring, and possibly power sharing between the main and sub-systems.

Do you have any insights, experiences, or suggestions on how to achieve a more integrated solar power system across different locations on a property? Any advice on the technical feasibility, potential equipment needs, or configuration changes would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

---

modifications
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

This is probably best handled by your dealer.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Experiments, Modifications and Adaptions. Mods (Modifications) can be made to Victron Software by the Community. Please use the modifications space for enthusiasts who want to push what is possible, without official Victron Support.