question

luupus avatar image
luupus asked

Node red unsresponsive

Hi all,

I have a lot of scripts on Cerb GX in a narrow timeframe steering the battery load and the gui/dashboard.

If I want to open node red, it gets quite often unresponsive as soon as I want to display the global flow-paramerters. Is there an option to outsorce the main load ti a parallel node red on a raspberry pi to steer the cerbo?

Background: I am coordinating a maximum net feed of 4 kWh with a battery of 30 kWh and an hourly e-provider and try to optimise this for a solar power of 9 kW peak and based on forecast and empirical load data.

Raspberry PiNode-REDVenus OS v3.00-32
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Yes, just go read the node red page for the victron nodes, it has the steps on how to configure an external NR to interact with the Cerbo.

You can then just run the normal image on the Cerbo.

Alternatively, upgrade to an Ekrano, it has a lot more power.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Sometimes running a full dashboard gets a bit heavy for the Cerbo. Might need to dial it back a bit and focus on the more essential functions
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ Alexandra ♦ commented ·
On a busy dash you could probably adjust or filter the flows so it does not refresh as often.
0 Likes 0 ·