question

newgen avatar image
newgen asked

Venus OS Docker: Data deleted after 1 Month?

Hi,

i am using the default venus os docker containers on a raspberry pi and it works so far. Storage in the Pi is sufficient (20 gb unused).

However, I observe that the data gets deleted after 1 month. I checked the grafana.ini for the compactor or any deletion parameter but could not find any. The documentation states, that the data should be stored indifinitely. I checked with queries against the influx db, but there is definitely no data after one month.

Does anyone have an idea, where the configuration error is?

Venus OSdocker
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kenzo avatar image
kenzo answered ·

I don’t know the actual implementation, but InfluxDB has a retention period configuration, see https://docs.influxdata.com/influxdb/v2/reference/internals/data-retention/ for details.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

newgen avatar image
newgen answered ·

Hi. I finally checked your suggestions and it seems, it has to be set in DB, rather in config. When I go into the venus docker container with:

docker exec -it <containerid> /bin/bash 

and run

influx

SHOW RETENTION POLICIES ON venus

It returns:

name          duration shardGroupDuration replicaN default
----          -------- ------------------ -------- -------
autogen       0s       168h0m0s           1        false
venus_default 720h0m0s 24h0m0s            1        true

That would match the 1 month deletion period.

I will try to increase it to a year and see what happens, using:

alter retention policy "venus_default" on "venus" duration 52w shard duration 24h replication 1 default

I am still not sure this will persist if the container is restarted.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron Venus OS Open Source intro page

Venus OS GitHub (please do not post to this)

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic