question

michaelfr avatar image
michaelfr asked

Can I run custom software on the CerboGX?

Hi,

something I was unable to find in the manuals or online: Can I run custom software (in the background) in addition to Victron's own on a CerboGX/VenusOS?

There are a few use cases I'm looking at, one specifically is to interface with a LIN-Bus via USB and act as a slave device to the LIN-master.

Any hints of where to look?

Thanks,

Michael

cerbo gxVenus OSvenus sdk
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @MichaelFr

Venus os is just embedded linux, so yes. (I'm not sure on warranty implications so please do your research first if that's a concern).

If the program/code you have can run on a linux machine (assuming it doesnt require too many resources) it can be done.

This might be a useful starting point: howto add a driver to Venus · victronenergy/venus Wiki · GitHub

It's specific to adding a device to dbus/gx system. But gives you a flavour of what's doable. (There's a load of info on that github wiki page)

(You may increase your chances of more responses you move the question to modifications section of forum rather than question and answer)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

michaelfr avatar image
michaelfr answered ·

Thanks, I'll take a look.

2 |3000

Related Resources