question

S T avatar image
S T asked

Cerbo GX and 2s batteries

I have 2 12V LiFePo4 batteries in 2s configuration for my 24v system. One battery is connected on BMS-Can the other on VE Can. On remote console device list i can read the data from both batteries, but on the dashboard device list only the battery connected to VE Can shows up. Furthermore the battery power measurement is wrong (half of real) because the cerbo uses voltage from one battery to calculate it. I also want to be able to make a widget so i can see both batteries voltages, SOC etc.

How can i get both of my batteries appear in the dashboard device list? (i have read the manual, searched the forums, and searched the menues in the cerbo but now im stuck)

cerbo gx
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Usually CANBus batteries in series require a daisychained CAN connection between them before you connect to a (single) CAN port on a monitor like the Cerbo.

Did your battery manual(s) not indicate something along those lines? I know they're not Victron batteries, so I don't know what manual to point you to.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

S T avatar image
S T answered ·

There is only one 8-pin socket on each battery, i cant find anything in the manual and my vendor dont know. Is there any way to daisy-chain the batteries with only one socket?

Link to manual :

https://www.sparelys.no/pub/media/content/pdf/Haichen/Connect-12V225Ah-heating-BT.pdf

2 |3000