question

mikeb avatar image
mikeb asked

Colour gx reboots

Hi

I have a colour gx on a system 2x 5kva multi with byd battery’s and fronuis primo ac coupled

The issue is random rebooting of the colour gx when relay is closed or opened to start or stop the generator

Generator stops and starts and have no issues previously on the other installs I have stopping and starting the generator using the colour gx

All components are running the latest firmware

Colour gx 2.33

Mutlis 460

The relay for the colour gx is only driving a relay that opens and closes the pair for the auto start of the generator wired the same as all the other installs I have done

Regards

Mike

CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @mikeb

How is this relay powered? maybe from same source as CCGX? any chance the flyback diode is missing?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mikeb avatar image mikeb commented ·

The relay is powered off the bus bar positive and negative bus bar on its own fuse

The 48vdc relay which the colour gx relay is switching is power of the positive and negative bus bar on its own fuse

Each have there own connection on the bus bar

The colour gx relay is switching the 48v supply to the 48vdc relay which is opening and closing the 12vdc pair to auto start the generator

0 Likes 0 ·
mikeb avatar image mikeb commented ·

Hi

With regards to the above questions and answers

Does the colour gx have a fly back diode on the relay ?

The external relay I have doesn’t

The other issue I have with it rebooting is it won’t reconnect to the internet to show the fronuis pv inverter and connect to the VRM The colour gx has been rebooted Manually a couple of time and no joy.

The is a internet connection available because I can see the fronuis inverter in the fronuis solar web

Any tips to try and restore the ethenet connection to the colour gx

Regards

0 Likes 0 ·
mikeb avatar image
mikeb answered ·

HI

After installing a multi purpose relay

Brand (broyce) LMMT

Which had a multi voltage coil of 12-230v ad/dc

The issue with rebooting has been resolved

Like mentioned in comments to original question a fly back must have been occurring

Regards

Mike

2 |3000