question

johanndo avatar image
johanndo asked

VNC connection not working any more

Gui binds on port fivethousendninehundered on 127 dot 0 dot 0 dot 1 on the loop back adapter instead of the real interfaces I have to write this B s because if i write it properly i can not post it, 403 forbid-den to give details.

VNC on LAN is enabled and the setting is set on dbus.

On my last version I could connect with a VNC client to my raspberrypi4 VENUS OS and have the gui running, on the latest firmware it doesnt work anymore.

Any idea how to redirect the traffic from the WLAN interface to the vnc gui listener on the loopback adapter or how to install a real vnc server to serve the QML GUI?

Venus OS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
zonnigbreda avatar image
zonnigbreda answered Ā·

You can access the vnc either via ssh tunnel to localhost, or alternatively you open the port to the running vnc like this. (warning: unencrypted, non-password protected... hence fully unsecured!_

root@cerbo:~#sysctl -w net.ipv4.conf.all.route_localnet=1
root@cerbo:~# iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 5900 -j DNAT --to 127.0.0.1:5900

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources