question

georged avatar image
georged asked

EV charger uses only L1 and L2

Hello, does anyone know why the EV charge station only uses phases L1 and L2 for charging? Is this correct behavior or am I doing something wrong?

ev charging station
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Maybe your EV does only have a two phase charger?
What car do you have?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Do you have all 3 phases connected on the input side of the EVCS? What vehicle are you charging? Can you share a picture with the label of the cable used?

2 |3000

georged avatar image
georged answered ·

@Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) All 3 phases are connected on the input side. img-9785.jpeg

img-9785.jpeg (2.3 MiB)
2 |3000

georged avatar image
georged answered ·

@Matthias Lange - DE ok, it could be related to the car, it's a GLE 350 de

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
I'm pretty sure it's the car, we also have a GLE and it's also only charging with two phases.
1 Like 1 ·
georged avatar image
georged answered ·

Thank you!

2 |3000

Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

That's why I asked, only few possible reasons - not all phases connected, 2P cable or 2P vehicle

2 |3000