question

sheppy avatar image
sheppy asked

EasySolar 5000 Bulk Charge Query

Hi. I have a Victron EasySolar 5000 which when needed we bulk charge via a large 4.8KW 230V Stephill generator via the 32A outlet socket. This has just stopped outputting any voltage!

I have a smaller 3.1KW generator with only 13A UK 230V outlet plug sockets and so used a 13A to 32A connector. But as the generator gets to about 2.5KW output it shuts off with an overload error. I assume this is because it doesn’t output enough amps to run the bulk charging system in the Victron unit? Or should I looking for a separate problem? The EasySolar 5000 never charges more than 1.8KW when running off the 6KVA Stephill generator, so I figured the 3.1KW on would be ok. Can the EasySolar be told to take in a lower amp charge? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

EasySolar All-in-One
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

There is an AC input current current limit.

It's easily accessible in the VRM dashboard (switches icon, top right) or the settings of the multiplus inside the EasySolar.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.