question

anitah avatar image
anitah asked

Fridge runs on 12V but randomly turning off

My problem is that anything connected to the 12 V is randomly switching off and then comes back on again randomly. Sometimes I have to turn the power off to get it to come back on.

I am also connected to a generator as the weather is hot in Qld so I keep my aircon running all day and night.

I have read the manuals but am struggling to understand what it all means but I suspect the settings are not right.

I have just purchased a flexihome and the guy told me that he had changed the settings at one point.

Help

orion smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Hi there, its best you contact the people who installed everything. my guess at this point is your battery is flate and thus the systems are turning off, anyway the fridge is not a victron product, and I have no idea as to what products are installed

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

You need a digital multimeter to measure voltage so you can determine if the voltage is low when the fridge stops. Check if the battery voltage and the fridge voltage are low. If the fridge voltage is low but the battery is OK then you have a wiring problem like a loose connection or a poor 12V isolation switch. If it is the battery then you need to sort that out.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic