question

Massimo Q. avatar image
Massimo Q. asked

How to boost power supply voltage?

Hi guys, i all....I would like to purchase a Victron product that acts as a booster power supply, that is, from a car battery of around 12V it gives me a voltage of around 14V, let's say with around 25-30 amps.....any suggestions? thank you in advance regards 73s, Massimo

Orion DC-DC Converters not smartorion smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

There's an Orion 12/12-30 model. Output voltage adjustable up to 15V.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Install the Victron Connect App.

Go to demo library

Select your model.

Go to settings.

It's all there.

You can also download the manual from the product page at victronenergy.com. If you're lucky, a link will appear below.

Be aware that the Orion range covers chargers and converters. The switching between charge and power supply is only on the chargers.

2 |3000

iammotorhomeless avatar image
iammotorhomeless answered ·

@Massimo Q. try looking at a Orion 12/12-30

1697831572183.jpeg

1697831572183.jpeg (68.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Massimo Q. avatar image
Massimo Q. answered ·

thanks everyone, so the Orion model is the most suitable one. I read in the manual that it is possible to choose between charger and power supply on the mobile app, is this correct? so the output voltage can easily be higher than the input voltage like in a DC/DC step up booster? Thanks

1 comment
2 |3000

iammotorhomeless avatar image iammotorhomeless commented ·

@Massimo Q. I have not used one of the newer ones, but I beleave so.

I did watch a YouTube video a while back, might be worth doing a quick search and watch an installation review video or two, before you buy :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Victron DC-DC converters product page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic