question

brinet avatar image
brinet asked

Phoenix IP43 #OR1: Low mains

I just purchased this charger. It reboots repeatedly when plugged into 120 volt ac when not connected to a battery. I connected it to a 12v battery and the unit tries to charge but just clicks several times. Connecting through bluetooth indicates that the charger is off because there is not enough power. I have tried several power cables and ac outlets with no success. Anything else I should try? Is this new unit possibly defective?

Phoenix Smart Charger ip43
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
k-k avatar image
k-k answered ·

What line voltage needs the charger?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

brinet avatar image
brinet answered ·

Documentation states 85-250vac. I measure 120vac on my outlet at 60hz.

2 |3000

k-k avatar image
k-k answered ·

If your outlet voltage does not go down while plugging in the charger, then the charger might be not ok.

Use an incandescent light bulb in parallel to your chargers wall-outlet (same phase & breaker & on-switched/lighting) to see a flickering while starting the charger. If you see it the inrush current from the charger is too high for your line.

2 |3000

brinet avatar image
brinet answered ·

I tested this with kilowatt meter and light bulb. No dimming of bulb. 2-4 watts on meter at each startup. Voltage remains constant at 122.2 vac.

Any other suggestions before returning to vendor?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic