question

user33 avatar image
user33 asked

protection in a basic off-grid installation

Hello, I'll be completely off-grid for some time in a remote place and I have a small inverter generator, an IP22 30A charger, a 600W inverter and a 12V lifepo4 battery. The idea is to charge the battery through the generator and have electricity in my caravan from the inverter connected to the charged 12V battery, so I'll use the standalone generator only few hours per day.

Can anyone provide me a diagram of this off-grid basic installation with an RCD breaker and circuit surge breakers? I wish to be protected against any electric shock.. from faulty appliances or lightning. I read that I need to bound the neutral and ground of my floating neutral generator but.. how do I connect the breakers in the installation?

I'm looking in google but I still can't find one and as you see, I'm a newbie

Thanks in advance

installationrcd tripping
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
user33 avatar image
user33 answered ·

Does this installation look OK? I'm assuming the generator, battery charger and inversor are floating neutral. Ground rod isn't required as I read

off-grid-installation.png

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic